Alsons Power Group, through its member companies – Sarangani Energy Corp., Western Mindanao Power Corp. Mapalad Power Corp., and Southern Philippines Power Corp. (collectively referred to as “Alsons Power”, “we”, “us or “our”), is committed to protecting your Personal Information as one way of sustaining your trust in the company.
Alsons Power respects the confidentiality of Personal Information and is committed to comply with the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012. We value data privacy rights and strive to ensure that all personal information collected from our customers, vendors, partners, employees, associates and other stakeholders, are processed in adherence to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality.
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information and to whom we may disclose it
- The choices available to our stakeholders for them to manage their personal information
- How we safeguard personal information
Personal Information refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information what would directly and certainly identify an individual.
We want to help you understand how we handle your Personal Information when you interact with us and what you need to know about your Personal Information we collect, use and share about them. You can also find out about the rights and controls you have over the information you have entrusted to us, and about our obligation to protect it.
As an energy company, it may be necessary to collect Personal Information about you in order for us to use and share this information to offer the best possible service and to keep said information safe and secure. We also need to protect the Personal Information you entrust us with.
The way we handle your Personal Information is crucial to earning and maintaining your trust. Be assured that Alsons Power is committed to treating your personal and corporate information with respect and sensitivity.
COLLECTION AND DISCLOSURE
Existing energy, environmental and local laws, rules and regulations may require collection of personally identifiable information.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
As part of our dealings with you, we may collect your personal data, including but not limited to:
- Your name, gender, civil status, date of birth, address, telephone or mobile numbers, email address, mailing address, proof of identification and any other information relating to you which you have provided us, in submission of any form, and as a result of our interaction with you either online or offline
- Your credit history, bank account and credit card information that you provide us in availing of our products and services
- Your employment history, education background, resume and income information when you apply for a job with us
- Your social media behavior when you tag, mention, or post photographs of any development of Alsons Power and its subsidiaries publicly on any social media account (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Your work-related information regarding your company, your ownership and participation when you apply for vendor accreditation or any other activity that requires the disclosure of such information.
- COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and store your Personal Information in a variety of ways:
- When you inquire about any of our products, services, activities, and events
- When you interact with our marketing officers or any person from our company, through email, phone, chat services or face-to-face meetings.
- When you submit information through manual forms, and online forms on our digital assets (i.e. websites, apps), or contact us through any of our social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- When you visit our premises with CCTV surveillance camera that are used for safety and security of our shoppers, guests, employees, and other visitors of our malls, offices, hotels, and resorts
- When you provide personal information in relation to inquiries, requests, and complaints
- When you respond to surveys, promotions, and other marketing and sales initiatives
- When you submit a job application
- When we receive references from third parties or our business partners (i.e. when you have been referred by them)
- When you submit your personal information to us for any other reason
- PERSONAL INFORMATION OTHER THAN YOURS
When you disclose to us another person’s personal information (i.e. your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) you attest that consent has been obtained from that person to disclose and process personal information in accordance with this policy.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Alsons collects, uses and discloses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with product and services that you have requested, including customer support
- Communicate relevant services, advisories, responses to your queries, requests and complaints
- Provide information about our products and services which may be of interest to you.
- Comply with the requirements of the law and legal proceedings such as court orders; comply with legal obligations, prevent imminent harm to the public, and to ensure public security, safety or order
- To prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money-laundering, and to analyze and manage other commercial risks
- Process information for statistical, analytical and research purposes
- OTHER USES BY NATURE OF OUR DEALINGS
Aside from the general uses mentioned previously, we may use your personal information depending on your dealings with us in any of the following manner: \
- WHEN YOU ARE A VENDOR, A PROSPECTIVE VENDOR OR A CONTRACTOR
- To conduct appropriate due diligence checks
- To evaluate your proposal and to conduct corresponding background checks
- To assess your viability as a vendor and process your accreditation
- To communicate with you about matters relating to our required products and services
- To perform other actions necessary or desirable in the implementation of our contract
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
- WHEN YOU APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT OR BECOME OUR EMPLOYEE
- To conduct appropriate background investigation and reference checks and pre-employment medical examination and interviews, communicate with you the status of your candidacy.
- To be able to process your compensation, allowances, expense reimbursement and monitor your attendance and leaves;
- To enroll you in our benefit programs which may include health insurance, medical insurance, retirement plan and social security;
- To assist you in your professional development through performance management, career development, seminar, workshops and training
- To make you part of our employee engagements such as events, activities, and employee survey, incentives and discounts offered – subject to approval of management.
- To comply with our obligations under the law as required by government organizations and local government units;
- To facilitate, upon separation with the company, your exit interview, clearances, and other procedures necessary to process your final pay
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above
- WHEN YOU ARE OUR SHAREHOLDER
- To administer the relationship such as identification verification including identity of your nominated proxy
- Communicate the company’s performance including products and services as well as changes in polices, terms and conditions through various medium applicable
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to the following as reasonably necessary depending on the product and service concerned:
- Our Employees and officers,
- Professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors
- Insurers and credit providers
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service provider
- Suppliers or subcontractors, third party service providers, consultants that have been contracted by Alsons to provide financial, technical, architectural, administrative services such as information technology, payroll, accounting, sales administration, procurement, training, background investigation and other services
- Any third-party businesses offering goods and services or sponsor contest or other marketing and promotional programs, where you have provided your consent.
- We may likewise disclose your personal information as reasonably necessary and for the purpose set out in this policy to any of the following:
- Members of our group of companies or our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Our holding company Alsons Power Consolidated Resources Inc. and all its subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Our joint venture and alliance partners;
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by applicable law and/or rules and regulations;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- To the buyer or prospective buyer of any business or asset that we are contemplating to sell;
- To the clients and/or customers availing of our products and services;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of such personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably and is likely to order the disclosure of such personal information.
- Any company with which we share information about you for the above purposes is contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Data Privacy Act. We also require that these organizations use this information only for our purposes and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information. This includes organizations which handle or obtain Personal Information as service providers for Alsons Power.
As mentioned above, when you register as a user at the APG website, you may be required to provide us your name, email address, birth date, gender, postcode, occupation, industry, and personal interests. APG will carry out an electronic check to confirm your identity, but may also ask you to provide additional identification, for example if the electronic check is unable to confirm your identity. APG may not be able to provide the products and services, or answer any query you may have, if you do not give APG the above information, which you are free to give or withhold.
The foregoing notwithstanding, APG has no control over the information you provide to us and makes no representation as to its accuracy and veracity. We have no means to determine whether or not the information provided to us is complete, accurate, and/or authentic or if they have the legal capacity to transact business with us. If the information is provided about a minor or one who is not legally capable of entering into contractual transactions without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian is responsible for correcting any information given or for informing us that the information should be disregarded or deleted. To the extent permitted by law, APG shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury whether direct, indirect or consequential, incidental, punitive, exemplary or any other loss, damage or injury arising out of or in connection with the inaccuracies, incompleteness, falsity or errors in the information our clients provide or by minors or persons who are not legally capable of entering into contractual transactions.
Once you register with APG and sign in to our services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, the APG cookie information and the page you have requested.
APG uses “cookies” (small pieces of data APG stores for an extended period of time on our clients’ computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make the Website easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both Alsons Power and the website users. For example, we use them to store our client’s login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to log in whenever you come back to the Website.
Web beacons are used in conjunction with cookies to record the simple actions of the user opening the page that contains the beacon. When a user’s browser requests information from a website in this way certain simple information can also be gathered, such as: the IP address of the data subject’s computer; time the material was viewed; the type of browser that retrieved the image; and the existence of cookies previously set by that server. This is information that is available to any web server you visit. Web beacons do not give any “extra” information away. They are simply a convenient way of gathering the simplest of statistics and managing cookies.
APG holds your information in an electronic file and uses third party information systems providers who may store or have access to your personally identifiable information. APG may also combine previous information you provided us and the personal information that we may receive about you.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing your personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to the extent required by or pursuant to our contract;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Thereafter, your personal information shall be disposed or discarded in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public
APG may use the information for any legitimate purpose, including but not limited to the following: security, health, administrative; crime prevention/detection; legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis; systems testing; customer surveys and customer relations communications; to customize the advertising and content they see, to fulfill their requests for certain products and services, and to contact them about special deals and new products.
APG will retain your information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by relevant laws.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
APG commits not to sell or rent our data subject’s personally identifiable information to anyone. We will only send personally identifiable information about you to third parties when:
- We have their consent to share the information;
- We need to share their information to provide the product or service they have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on our behalf and to our other contractors;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal processes; or
- We disclose your personal information to our lawyers and legal advisors for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights in the event of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes
- In practice, you will either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If the personal information that we hold about your needs to be corrected or updated, Alsons Power shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that data collected is current, complete and accurate. If you need to access, correct and/or update your personal information, you may send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our security measures, we will contact you and conduct the necessary verification measures to process your request. Once we have implemented the necessary corrections, we shall then notify you that your request has been processed and completed.
- WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If you wish to withdraw your given consent for any or all purposes set out in this Policy, you may send your detailed request to email@example.com. Depending on the nature of your consent withdrawal, Alsons Power may no longer be in a position to continue to provide products and services to you.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
- PROTECTING INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT ONLINE
- HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We also put in effect safeguards such as:
- Using secured servers behind advance threat protection appliances, firewalls, encryptions and other security tools
- We limit access of your personal information to those who are qualified and authorized to process them. All such persons, wherever they are located, are required by us to protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal information in a manner consistent with our privacy policies and practices.
- Our information system/infrastructure undergo regular security vulnerability and penetration testing to ensure your personal information is properly protected.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Data Privacy Rights
APG fully recognizes that under the Data Privacy Act, our clients, partners, investors, agents and other stakeholders of the Company, as data subjects, are accorded the following rights:
- Right to Edit
APG gives you, our data subjects the ability to edit your APG Account Information and preferences at any time, including whether they want APG to contact them about specials and new products.
- Right to be informed
You have the right to demand and be informed of the details about the type of personal data, the purpose of processing, and how they are being processed by APG, including its sources, recipients, methods, disclosures to third parties and their identities, automated processes, manner of storage, period of retention, manner of disposal and any changes to such processing activities before the same is undertaken.
- Right to Access
You have the right to have reasonable access to your personal data, sensitive or otherwise, upon demand. You also have the right to review and amend your personal data processed by APG in case there are errors.
Sensitive Personal Data refers to personal information (a) about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations; (b) about an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings; (c) issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and (d) specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
- Right to Dispute
You have the right to dispute inaccuracy or error in personal data processed by the APG.
- Right to Object
You have the right to reject further processing of your personal data, including the right to suspend, withdraw, and remove your personal data in possession of APG which are falsely collected or unlawfully processed.
Information from other websites
APG may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us.
APG may ask advertisers to tell us how our users responded to the ads we showed them (and for comparison purposes, how other users who didn’t see the ads acted on their site). This data sharing, commonly known as “conversion tracking,” helps us measure our advertising effectiveness and improve the quality of the advertisements our clients would see.
APG may receive information about whether or not our data subjects have seen or interacted with certain ads on other sites in order to measure the effectiveness of those ads.
Our data subjects’ APG Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas APG uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. SSL is currently the preferred method to securely transfer credit card and other sensitive data over the Internet.
In order to improve online experience, APG may track online behavior or click stream data to advance their use of its web pages and track referrals from other websites. Such data will not be stored to their customer record, and will only be aggregated for statistical analysis.
APG cannot distinguish the age of persons who access and use its websites. If a minor (according to applicable laws) has provided us with personally identifiable information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the relevant customer information and unsubscribe them.
Complaints regarding privacy
Should you have a concern about your privacy or if you have any query on their personally identifiable information please write to us or contact us using our contact details as provided in the website. APG will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
APG may amend this policy from time to time. If APG makes any substantial changes in the way we use our data subjects’ personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on the Website.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org